Most people would like to be taller than they really are. Being tall can provide many advantages in life. The society generally likes tall people. Many studies have shown that people who are tall usually have more self-confidence. Tall people have more success in their job, as well as in other areas of their lives.
But, what can you do if you are not tall enough? What if you cannot reach the top shelf in a market or if you have to wear the shoes that make you taller all the time? How to increase height? If you are at 16, it will not be so hard. But, is there anything you can do to grow taller after 20 or even after 25? How to grow 3 inches taller?
In this article you will get the answers to these and similar questions. You will find out how to grow taller fast naturally and how to stay healthy.
Is It Possible to Increase Height?
If you are a teenager and if you want to grow taller, than we have good news for you. It is possible to increase your height, but you should know that you will not achieve it overnight, in a week or in a month. You have to be persistent and to change your lifestyle, but more about that you will find out below.
It is known that people usually stop growing when they rich their mid-twenties. In most cases your height is determined by the things you cannnot control. But, there is a small percentage of teens who are able to grow taller even after 20. If they eat healthy food, if they exercise regularly and if they sleep enough, they can gain 2-3 inches more.
If you have problems with your height and if you would like to grow taller, read carefully this article. It may also be useful if your child or any other person in your life has a problem with height.
As we have just said, there is a possibility for some teens to grow taller, but it will depend on many factors, such as proper exercises and a proper diet. Did you know that you will have to exercise to increase height? Did you know that it will be necessary to have a healthier diet and to avoid many things? We will show you what makes you grow taller and how to make positive changes in your life.
More about all these genetic and non-genetic factors you will see below. Just continue reading this article and you will find out soon how to get taller even after puberty. We will give you some tips to increase height naturally and we hope this article will be useful and interesting for you. So, let’s start and see which are the factors that may affect your height.
Which Are the Factors That May Affect Your Height?
Well, there are many factors that may have a positive or negative impact on your height. As we have mentioned above, these factors may be genetic and non-genetic.
Genetic Factors. First of all, we have to mention genetic factors because they have the biggest impact on your height. Studies have shown that 60-80% of your height depends on your own genes. If your parents are short, you will probably have problems with height, but it is not always the case. If someone in your family is tall, it is allso possible that the tall gene of this person passes down to you. As you can see, having the parents who are short does not necessarily mean that you will also be short in height.
Non-Genetic Factors. Not only genetic factors will determine your height, but also many factors that are not genetic. For example, it is very important the environment where the person is growing up. You have to take into consideration if you were exposed to tobacco smoke when you were in your mother’s stomach. If your mother was smoking when she was pregnant with you, it may affect your growth to a large extent.
Also, what was your parental care like? Did you have any illness during your childhood or later in puberty? All these are non-genetic factors that can have a strong impact on your height.
As we have already said, there are some things that you can do if you want to grow taller. Below you will see some of the natural ways to increase your height, but first we will show you how to calculate your projected height.
How To Calculate Your Projected Height?
As we have already said, people stop growing in their mid-twenties. Until that period you will not know how tall you will be. But, there is a way to predict your height.
The first thing you should do is to sum up the heights of your mother and father. You can calculate these heights either in inches or centimetres. Then, you should add 13 cm (or 5 inches) if you are a boy. If you are a girl, you should substract 13 cm (5 inches). When you have done that, the next step is to divide the number you’ve got with 2.
This way you will calculate your projected height. You may also add or substract 10 cm (4 inches). You should have in mind that this calculation is not completely true, but it will show you how approximately you will be tall.
How To Increase Your Height Naturally?
- Sleep Enough. One of the most important things to stay healthy and to grow taller is to get enough sleep and to have good sleep habits. You need to sleep enough because your body will grow and all your tissues and cells will regenerate while you are having a rest. Studies have shown that a Human Growth Hormone (HGH) is released while we are sleeping. If we don’t sleep enough, this hormone will be produced in very small amounts, so you will not grow enough.
The experts say that every person should sleep no less than 7 hours per night. However, children and teenagers should have at least 8-10 hours of sleep every night, but 11 hours is recommended for them. But, what if you have problems to fall asleep at night? How can you make yourself fall asleep earlier and sleep longer the next day? It is known that many people have this problem.
There are many things you can do to improve your sleep quality. You should try to go to bed earlier. Turn off the TV and go to bed before midnight. It is also recommended to drink a cup of warm milk or a cup of chamomile tea before going to bed. These warm drinks will help you fall asleep much faster and sleep better. It is also recommended to take a warm bath right before sleeping because it can make you sleep much better.
You should never drink coffee, alcohol and other caffeinated drinks right before going to bed because these drinks can interrupt your sleep and reduce your sleeping time. Also, you should never exercise right before sleeping because your body will not be able to relax and it will be more difficult for you to fall asleep. Experts also recommend you to avoid eating late at night because it may have a bad impact on your sleep.
- Have a Healthy Diet. One more factor that may help you grow taller is to eat healthy food. Did you know that there are some foods that make you taller? You should provide your body with vitamins, minerals and other necessary nutrients. Only this way your body will grow and develop completely. You should consume more fruits, vegetables, grains and other healthy foods. Avoid fast food, sweets, sodas and other unhealthy products. You should avoid all foods that are processed and high in fat. There are some nutrients that you should be taking in large amounts if you want to increase your height. Now we will tell you something more about these nutrients.
Vitamin D. In the first place, we will mention a vitamin D, which is necessary for healthy development of your bones. It is especially important for children to take enough vitamin D. The most of this vitamin you will get when you are exposed to sunlight, but there are also some foods which contain vitamin D. It is recommended to eat fish, eggs, dairy products and mushrooms. Also, tofu and pork are foods rich in this vitamin. Some studies have shown that a lack of vitamin D can inhibit the growth but it can also lead to weight gain in teenage girls.
Calcium. We all know the importance of calcium for our bone health. If you want to have strong bones and beautiful teeth, you have to consume enough calcium. You can find this mineral in dairy products, soybeans, green vegetables, cheese, sardines and many other foods. If you have been wondering does milk help you grow, now we are sure that you will consume this dairy product on a daily basis. You should always keep in mind that calcium is crucial for you to grow and to develop your body. It is recommended for children and teenagers to drink a cup of warm milk every night. Not only will it improve their sleep quality, but it will also help them increase height naturally.
Zinc. Zinc is one more mineral that has an impact on your height and on your overall health. The foods that are rich in zinc are eggs, peas, asparagus and also chocolate. Of course, it doesn’t mean that you should eat chocolate in enormous quantities, ’cause we all know that chocolate is high in fat and calories.
It is especially important for children to consume enough zinc because it is crucial for their development and growth. If they don’t consume enough zinc through their regular diet, then they should try zinc supplements, which may also be helpful for them.
Proteins. Proteins are also crucial if you want to increase your height naturally. Experts recommend you to eat daily at least one meal that is rich in protein. High quality proteins, such as legumes, eggs or meat will provide you proper growth and development of your body. Proteins will make your bones much stronger and they will help you grow taller.
There are also many other nutrients that you need to consume in order to grow taller and to stay healthy. It is also very important to eat carbohydrates and to have high calory intake every day because it is necessary for your body to gain energy to grow.
Not only is important what kind of food you eat, but also what is your eating schedule like. It is recommended to have three balanced meals per day and 2-3 snacks. These snacks will increase your metabolism and they will help you stay healthy.
- Exercise Regularly. One of the most important factors for growth and development of the body is exercising. Actually, the healthiest way to grow taller is to play your favorite sport. Remember that even though you are older than 18, there is a possibility to grow a few inches more. Just choose the sport you like most and you will see the results very soon. Not only will you feel much better and healthier, but you will also grow taller. It is recommended for your muscles to be active at least 30 minutes every day.
And how can sport affect your height? How is it possible to grow taller by playing sport? Well, the answer is very simple. When your body is physically active, it will require more and more nutrients. These nutrients will stimulate the growth hormone and you will grow taller.
There are many sports you can choose and all of them will be beneficial for your growth as well as for your overall health. It is best to join sports team because this way you will enjoy while you are exercising. You will play games all the time and your body will get taller this way. However, there are some sports we will especially recommend you.
Swimming. Swimming is one of the best options if you want to grow taller because this sport will elongate your muscles. Swimming is especially recommended to children because if they start swimming in early age, they will probably reach an adequate height. In this case, experts recommend children to swim 4-5 times a week at least 2 hours per day. Only this way swimming will help a child to grow taller.
Basketball. We all know that basketball is usually associated with people who are tall. But, is it truth that basketball can help you grow taller? Well, yes. Most experts believe that height is in a direct relationship with basketball. The biggest reason for that is constant jumping in basketball. This way the growth hormone in the brain is stimulated and also the flow of blood is increased in a whole body. Actually, the blood flow is increased in legs and in the spine, which results in increased height.
It is also recommended for children to play rope jumping, which is not only a funny game, but it could be also an excellent exercise that can help in growth.
Voleyball. Voleyball is another sport associated with tall players. It is proved that playing voleyball will activate your growth hormone and elongate your muscles. This way you will certainly grow a little taller over time.
Height Exercises. There are also special height exercises that may be very helpful. Experts recommend hanging exercises as well as toe touching exercises. Hanging is the best exercise that will help you elongate your spine. It is recommended to do hanging exercises at least half an hour per week, but it would be better to do them more often. If you want to widen your shoulders and your back, then you should use a wider grip, which may be much harder.
Stretching Exercises. If you are wondering can stretching make you taller, we have good news for you. Stretching is very important if you have problems with your height. These exercises will improve your posture and make you look taller. Recent studies have shown that exercise can help in growth even after the age of 25. Also, the super stretch may be a very effective exercise that may help you grow taller.
Gym. You may have heard rumors that going to gym will stop your height growth, but it is not true. You can join a gym because this way you will have access to many machines that will help you build and also elongate your muscles. If you go to gym, you will have more motivation to exercise regularly. You will make your body perfect and you will get taller. But, it is recommended to avoid weight lifting in your teen years, because it may lead to a deformity in your bones. In this period your bones are not completely developed, so you should avoid lifting heavy weight.
- Practice Good Posture. If you want to look taller, good posture is crucial. It will also help you grow taller. It is especially important for children and for teens to have good posture. There are many people who are sitting down for hours because they work on a computer. This way these people develop poor sitting habits and the posture of their bodies is very bad, so these people look much shorter than they really are. If you have good posture, you will immediately look taller and your whole body will develop better. If you have problems with your body posture, there are many stretching exercises that can help you, as we have already mentioned above.
- Boost Your Immune System. A strong immune system is crucial for growth and development of the body. This way you will keep all diseases at bay and your body will be strong enough to fight them. As we have already said, it is important to eat healthy food, because it is the best way to boost your immune system. It is especially recommended to consume low fat dairy products, whole grains, greens, protein and fruits, as we have already mentioned.
It is also recommended to eat a lot of citrus fruits, such as oranges, lemons and grapes, because these fruits are high in antioxidants. They will fight free radicals and prevent any disease. In order to boost your immune system, you have to consume omega 3 fatty acids as well. You can find them in fish, nuts and other foods. Regular physical activity is also necessary to boost your immune system.
- Drink Enough Water. We all know that water is crucial for our health. Your body needs to be well hydrated at any time. Also, water is known to improve digestion and to eliminate toxins from your body. It will improve your metabolism rate and it will have a positive impact on your height.
Experts recommend us to drink about 8 glasses of water per day. It is important not only for adults but also for children. Another way to keep the body hydrated is eating watermelons, cucumbers and other fruits and greens that contain plenty of water.
If you don’t drink enough water, your body will not be able to function properly and it will inhibit your growth. So, keep in mind that drinking plenty of water is necessary if you want to grow taller.
- Use Supplements For Taller Growth. There are also many supplements that may help you grow taller. These supplements are usually a combination of vitamins, minerals and also other nutrients that are necessary for growth. But, it is very important to be well informed about these supplements before using them. You should consult your health provider first, so you will be sure that these supplements will not make you any harm. It is best to choose the supplements which contain natural ingredients only. Many herbal products can increase your height if you use them regularly. But, you should be careful, because there are also supplements that may have many side effects.
- Seek Medical Help. If you are in your mid-teens and if you are not tall enough, if you are pretty shorter than your friends, you may be worried. Also, if other members in your family are tall and you are not, it means that you may have a problem. As we have already said, there are many factors that can have an impact on how tall you will grow. If you don’t know what to do and if you want to gain height, then it is best to seek medical help. An expert will give you the best advice and he will probably suggest you to change your lifestyle.
- Opt For Surgery. The last solution is always a surgery. If there is no other way to grow taller, there is leg lengthening surgery that is becoming more and more popular nowadays. The whole process will last about 3 to 6 months and it is possible to increase 3 inches in height if the surgery was successful.
However, this operation is very expensive and also very painful. Sometimes it can cause many complications and side effects. Because of that, we recommend you to choose some of the natural ways to grow taller. We have shown you how to increase height naturally and we hope this article will be useful for you.
Which Factors Will Disturb Growth?
Drugs and Alcohol. There are many factors that may disturb your growth and you should avoid them. In the first place, you should avoid any alcohol or drugs, because they may cause many medical conditions and serious problems. As a result, it will inhibit your normal growth and you will be shorter than you were supposed to be. Before taking any drugs and alcohol, remember that all these products can lead to abnormalities of the growth hormone, which will have a direct impact on your height. It is proved that most teenagers who are using drugs are shorter than their friends who don’t consume it.
Smoking. Smoking has also a negative impact on your body, but also on your growth hormone. Many studies have shown that people who are smoking are generally shorter than those who live healthily. Also, we have already mentioned that the height of the child may be caused by smoking habits of the mother during pregnancy. Smoking can cause not only this, but also many other health complications to unborn baby.
Steroids. If you have problems with height, you should avoid any steroids. It is especially dangerous to take steroids if you are a teenager. Studies have shown that steroids may inhibit the development of your bones. There are some asthma medications that contain small doses of steroids. It is found that children who use these medications always grow shorter than other children.
Caffeine. You may did not know, but caffeine may also inhibit the growth in children and teenagers. Actually, caffeine will disturb your sleep habits, so you will not be able to sleep properly. We have already told you that regular sleep is necessary for proper growth and development. Children and teens who don’t sleep enough will not be able to grow taller. Because of that, you should avoid drinking coffee and other caffeinated drinks at night.
As you have seen in this article, height is very important element in our lives. A teenager’s height is determined by genetic factors but also by an environment. It is known that we usually stop growing in our late teens. There is so many factors that you cannot control, but there are some things you can do to grow taller in your teenage years. We have shown you some natural ways to increase height.
As you have seen, it is important to have a healthy diet that will provide your body with all necessary nutrients. You should eat more vegetables, fruits, dairy products and meat and also avoid caffeine and alcohol. If you have problems with height and if you want to grow taller, you should stop smoking and stay away from any drugs and steroids. We have told you that these products may have a negative impact on your growth hormone, so they will inhibit your growth. If you use drugs, you will be much shorter than you are supposed to be.
As you have seen, exercising is crucial if you want to grow taller. You can choose a sport you like, such as swimming, basketball, voleyball, gym or any other sport. It is also recommended to go to gym, but is better to avoid weight trainings. Also, you should do some height exercises that will help your body grow taller. In combination with a balanced diet and good sleeping habits, exercises will certainly increase your height. Also, it is very important to practice good posture, because it may help you look taller than you really are.
We hope this article has been useful for you and we are sure that you will try some of the natural ways to grow taller. Remember that being tall will certainly increase your self-confidence and it will give you many advantages in a society.
But, you have to be careful. There is concern that some teens may want to risk their health just to increase their height. Today there are many products that you can buy online. These products claim amazing results when it comes to gaining height. But, you should know that it is not possible to grow taller only after taking a couple of pills. To avoid any health risks, it is recommended to consult your health provider first and to use only natural ways to increase height.
We are sure that you will take into account our tips and that you will not risk your own health. Keep in mind that it is possible to grow taller naturally and to stay healthy. We hope you like this ultimate guide to increase height and we hope that you have also found some useful tips for you.